Happy New Year and welcome back to our amazing PTA members!
Our next PTA meeting is coming up on January 16th at 1 pm in the MPR. In the meantime, I wanted to provide a quick update and share a few of the many great things happening here at Arroyo.
* Fall Fundraiser was a huge success! Thank you to all involved and who participated!
* Nominating Committee is being established and would love your participation and/or input. What are you passionate about? What role would you like to take on or volunteer for next year? Information and interest forms will be available soon on the ARROYOPTA.org website.
* New Lending Library is underway and will provide access to many more books of all reading levels in our classrooms
* MakerSpace continues to grow and be a huge hit with the kids. The PTA has provided additional funds for a part-time Paraeducator to assist the teachers while in the Maker Space.
* New SELC (Social/Emotional Learning Coordinator) is at Arroyo now.
* ......and sure to be a hit with the kids - a NEW PLAYGROUND with plenty of shade is on now on campus!
These are just a few of the recent highlights but there is so much more! Here's a look at what is coming up:
1/10 Respect For All Lunch Craft (Fairness)
1/10 John Yeiser
1/12 Library Lunch Bunch
1/15 MLK Holiday - No School
1/16 PTA Meeting 1 pm Multi
1/17 Meet the Masters
1/24 Art Teach Assembly
1/26 Box Top Collection
1/31 Recycling Collection
2/1 Variety Show Auditions
2/5 - 2/9 Kindness Campaign Week
2/7 Meet the Masters
2/7 Respect for All - Lunch Craft (caring/compassion)
2/12 Lincoln Day - No School
2/13-2/16 5th Grade Outdoor Ed
2/16 Library Lunch Bunch
2/19 Washington Day - No School
2/21 John Yeiser
2/27 PTA Meeting 7 pm
2/28 Art Teach Assembly
2/28 Recycling Collection
3/2 Read Across America Day
3/2 Variety Show Dress Rehearsal
3/3 Variety Show at Calvary Church
3/7 Meet the Masters
3/7 Respect for All - Lunch Craft (assertiveness)
3/12 - 3/16 Fitness Week
3/15 5th Grade Pano Picture Day
3/16 Awards Assemblies
3/16 Vision & Hearing Screening
3/16 Library Lunch Bunch
3/20 PTA Meeting / Elections 12pm
3/21 Recycling Collection
3/19 - 3/23 Spring Conferences 1:24 dismissal
3/23 Box Top Collection
3/26- 3/30 Spring Break - No School
- Please take a look at the ARROYOPTA.org website. There you will find all the financial information regarding PTA budget and expenditures, general announcements and all General Association Meeting minutes.
- Be sure to get approval on all outbound communication to parents - need Mrs. Sheyka's signature.
- Please check the schedule for use of room 26, which is shared. The room is occupied Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and not available at all.
- There is a refrigerator in the PTA room that is ours to use for storage of food and drinks for class parties etc.
- Submit check requests in a timely manner - all expenses must be submitted (treasurer notified) before July 1st of the school year.
- Please utilize the Arroyo PTA Facebook page for any official PTA announcements or communication instead of Arroyo Moms Facebook page (which is no longer run by a current Arroyo parent)
Thank you, once again for your support,
Melissa Weiss, PTA President
and your PTA Executive Board
approved by Principal Sheyka 1/10/18